How to go about the tax filing?

Hi All,

This is my first tax filing for Amazon and I cannot find 1099k form in Tax Document Library.

What to do?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Amazon email your 1099 details which you can save as pdf from your seller account. If you haven’t received a notification from Amazon, then you probably have done under $20k sales in 2023. If that’s the case, simply check your sales in sales report for the years 2023 and give that number to your accountant and you should be fine.

4 Likes

For 2023, Amazon only provides the 1099K if you sold more than $20K AND 200 transactions or if your state requires a lower amount.

Here’s an excerpt from Amazon’s email: The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires Amazon to file Form 1099-K each calendar year to report the unadjusted gross amount of all reportable payment transactions, which are defined as payment card transactions or third party network transactions. Amazon must report if you amassed more than $20,000 in unadjusted gross sales AND you had more than 200 transactions during the 2023 calendar year, you were subject to withholding, or you have an address in a state with a lower reporting threshold.

3 Likes

Yes I do not meet those requirements. How else do I receive the 1099K form?

Use payment summary report for tax purpose. The figures in 1099k are taken from this summary report.

1 Like

If you do not have transactions as $20K sales or 200 transactions (called threshold), Amazon might nıt gerenate 1099K form

1 Like