How does Amazon ungating policy work?

Do they accept the invoices most of the times?

Is it a high risk if I decide to invest into 10 profitable units with the amount of 200$ (from the brand store) to ungate, instead of buying very cheap products just for ungating?

Super high risk. Why not just buy 10 $2 items to test?

2 Likes

Just get ungating using cheap units, just in case ur application gets rejected …In special when the account is new is a bit harder to get ungated and the more sales u have the easier it gets to get ungated

1 Like

If you getting profitable lead from brand directly so go with it because there is high chances that you get ungated as you are buying from brand, in this case what I think is that cost doesn’t matter as its profitable & from direct brand

And if you won’t go with second option so then you have headache to liquidate that cheap item after getting ungated so its better to follow above option…

GoodLuck…

4 Likes

So far my experience is that Amazon is picky with invoices, some work some don’t, especially in US, you will not get an invoice even for an online order, it would be called a receipt. Most of the times Amazon needs supplier and buyer info along with all order details on the invoice. However, in US for some categories Target works. I don’t think the price of the item really matters, as long as the invoice satisfy Amazon’s condition.

3 Likes

I was watching a video of veteran sellers. Maybe 5-8 years in the business each.

Even they said that they have to keep resubmitting to get ungated. They said they have to try multiple times and use different methods and ways to make it happen.

Based of what they said, is that right now it takes a bit to get ungated. During the summer to end of summer it can be even more challenging

2 Likes