How do you know who to trust on Alibaba?

I searched a product on alibaba. I used the filter to filter verified and trade assurance. I communicated with a manufacturer and they sent me a picture. They have over 200 reviews and seven years in business. I communicated with another manufacturer and they sent me the same picture. They have 40 reviews and two years in business. I asked them why I would have received the same picture from them as the other people. She told me that picture was taken by the engineer. I asked her to send me a video with that same product and she did. I asked the other manufacturer and they have not yet. How do you know who to trust?

I have learned most companies on alibaba are actually brokers. They will never admit it. I’m sure it depends on the type of product. I have had alibaba companies steal my copyrighted designs and sell them wholesale to others customers. It’s very difficult to trust anyone.

3 Likes

You need to order customized samples from both of them. Many companies use the same pictures from the internet but real products will be different, the materials and craftsmanship. That’s based on my experiences. In most cases, they don’t even have stock samples on hand.

2 Likes

Most represented factories on the site are trading partners and resellers of product, not true manufacturers

3 Likes

Thank you everybody for your input. The item $5. Shipping by sea and takes about 60 days. I prefer faster times. But sure how you get they. Here’s part of the reply I recieved.

“we do mostly is silk print logo, logo mold cost $7, can use forever. and print fee for 20pcs is $15, the more pcs, the cheaper print fee.”

Your way of sourcing is wrong. What I have learnt is, I contact 15 to 20 verified suppliers. At the end I shortlist 3 and order samples. I compare my samples with my competitor’s product. I choose one supplier who offers best quality and cheaper prices.

1 Like