How do you check before buying from suppliers the expiration date of products from beauty, health, grocery and gourmet categories?

Hello everyone,

Most of the time I ask the suppliers directly but not all of them are able to give me this information.

The main idea of finding good OA products is on Clearance and Deals but I can’t be sure that the exp date is for enough time

By the way what do you do incase you bought a product when its exp date is for 3-6 months and it’s already in your prep warehouse?

I do not send anything to Amazon if it has less than a 9-month expiration date. Usually, beauty products, creams, etc., have a 6, 12, or 24-month expiration date after opening. However, if you receive stock that expires in 3-6 months, then I would return it.

1 Like

Yes, if it has 12 months after the opening you do ship?

And what do you do incase its in your prep?

You make a refund with the supplier?

1 Like

6 months - 12 months after opening , yes of course just send it …why not ?

If the prep center receive expired products or very short date then they are supposed to let you know , and you can book a return back to the supplier.

Ok thats good, but what if there is expiry date and also a 12M from opening I think I ran into a situation like this

The 12M from opening is what I should relay on?

One more thing, If I want to make a refund from the prep center to the supplier, who pays for the shipment?

I should open a shipment case with UPS or other carriers by my own?

1 Like

When buying products from suppliers in the beauty, health, grocery, and gourmet categories, it’s essential to ensure that the items are not expired or nearing their expiration dates. Here are some steps you can take to check the expiration dates before making a purchase:

1. Directly ask the supplier: Contact the supplier and inquire about the expiration dates of the products you’re interested in purchasing. They should be able to provide you with this information, either verbally or through documentation.

2. Request product samples: If possible, request samples of the products before placing a larger order. This allows you to physically inspect the items and check their expiration dates firsthand.

3. Check packaging and labels: Expiration dates are typically printed on product packaging or labels. When you receive the products or samples, carefully inspect the packaging for this information. Ensure that the expiration dates are clearly visible and have not been tampered with.

4. Verify shelf life: Some products may have a “best by” or “use by” date instead of an expiration date. Understand the difference between these terms and verify the shelf life of the products to ensure that they will remain safe and effective for consumption or use until that date.

5. Consult product guidelines: Refer to any product guidelines or regulations specific to the beauty, health, grocery, and gourmet categories. These guidelines may provide information on acceptable expiration dates and storage conditions for different types of products.

6. Work with reputable suppliers: Choose suppliers with a proven track record of quality and reliability. Reputable suppliers are more likely to provide accurate information about product expiration dates and offer high-quality products that meet your standards.

By following these steps and being diligent in your pre-purchase checks, you can minimize the risk of receiving expired products when buying from suppliers in these categories.

1 Like