How do I find out if a product is trademarked or branded on Amazon?

I have a couple products I am considering selling, but I want to make sure they aren’t already branded on Amazon.

Thanks!

1 Like

To check if a product is trademarked or branded on Amazon, you can follow these steps:

1. Amazon Brand Registry: Amazon Brand Registry provides a database of registered trademarks. You can use this to check if a specific brand or product name is trademarked. Visit the Amazon Brand Registry page and search for the brand or product name you’re interested in.

2. USPTO Database: Check the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) database. Search for the product or brand name to see if it’s trademarked in the United States. This database can provide information on registered trademarks.

3. Amazon Seller Central: Log in to your Amazon Seller Central account and attempt to create a new product listing. If the product or brand name you’re considering is already trademarked or registered on Amazon, the system might prompt you with a warning or restriction message.

4. Google Search: Conduct a comprehensive web search using the product or brand name along with keywords like “trademark,” “brand registration,” or “USPTO.” This might lead you to official trademark databases or relevant legal information.

5. Professional Advice: Consider seeking legal advice or consulting with a trademark attorney to ensure compliance and avoid potential trademark infringement issues.

It’s essential to verify trademarks and branding before listing products on Amazon to avoid legal conflicts or issues related to trademark infringement. Taking these steps can help ensure that the product you plan to sell doesn’t infringe on any existing trademarks or brands.

1 Like