Has anybody any experienced of this issue?

Amazon support have a special way of not only not helping you but sending you insane in the process.

I’m set up with HMRC as a general partnership for tax purposes (Not a limited partnership or limited liability partnership which require registration with companies house).

However my account shows as a sole trader (didn’t change it when i changed status a few years ago)

I’ve been through the process with seller verification etc sending all my documents and they said the issue was resolved but I’m still showing as a sole trader.

I just don’t think amazon have the ability to categorise this type of business. Has anybody been through this?

I’m wanting to get it changed to be correct so I can change my VAT on sales back - i’ve been operating for around 7 years at about £50k turn over so it’s not the sort of money I’m going to walk away from.

Nothing but a nightmare with them, even the most simple of things are dragged into the unreal amount of messages and stress. We have enough to write a book about it (and frankly to take them to court too)

1 Like

You can open case with verification or registration team so they can unlock the information of business details. Usually they don’t allow you to change the info but yeah as i have done recently and unlocked the option by verification team to change entity of business details from sole trader to company owned LTD.

Isn’t VAT and company structure treated differently on Amazon? Can’t you just change your VAT settings even if you can’t get the company structure 100% correct

1 Like

I’ve already done that - the problem is it’s not a ltd company.

1 Like

Amazon are really cheeky in blanket VAT collection unless you show you are VAT exempt whether you are sole trader or Ltd. Is your set up VAT registered? It shouldn’t really matter, if you can proof that you are VAT exempt Amazon should return all the VAT collected over 7 years.

1 Like

Kind of - in order to start the process of claiming the vat back you have to prove that you are vat exempt and your company status at the same time. They won’t accept my company status so won’t process anything to do with vat

1 Like

Yeah getting them to do that is the tricky bit - they just hide behind policies

1 Like

Little trick is to reopen the case at least 3 times before it’s closed off completely to trigger an automatic investigation, but still not always enough to get solution out of them.

Their incompetency is truly beyond belief

1 Like