Funds of hold due to restraining order

A product I sell in Amazon USA has a trademark complaint last week and I received this email today:

We are writing to inform you that we removed some of your listings and your disbursements from your seller account have been placed on hold. We took this action in accordance with a Temporary Restraining Order issued by a federal court. Items that infringe another party’s copyright, patent, trademark, design right, database right, or other intellectual property or other proprietary right are prohibited. For more information on this policy, search on “Prohibited Content” in seller Help.

To resolve this dispute, we suggest that you contact the rights owner directly:

RO Contact info:

Brand Name

law firm




Email: xxxx

Legal case # *************

If you resolve this matter with the rights owner, please advise them to contact us to withdraw their complaint.

Please be advised that we are not in a position to provide any further information regarding this action, nor to address any messages directed to us in appeal. We may not respond to further emails about this issue.

Failure to comply with our policies may result in the removal of your selling privileges.

We appreciate your cooperation


Seller Performance Team

Anyone have any ideas what to do? My account is still active, my funds are locked, the listing is blocked.

Hello @Margt,

thank you for posting into our forum. I am sorry to hear that your Seller Account’s disbursements have been blocked due to a temporary restraining order.

I think that the notice is very clear and you can see from the text what happened and what do you need to do to remedy it.

You will need to appoint an attorney to contact the party which filled the complaint and work with them on a retration. You can also dispute the case and have the order and hold dismissed.

1 Like

Do you have any recommendations for an attorney who can help with this?

1 Like

In my opinion it would be in your best interest to contact your local bar association. They would have a referral service they can refer you to and they can direct you to attorneys they can deal with this kind of issue. Time is of the essence with a temporary restraining order as they will have a tendency of becoming a permanent order rather quickly.

1 Like

I agree with @O.L.D.Books, get a local attorney. It is not possible to get recommendations from someone based elsewhere.