First time importing from Alibaba

I explored some platforms like Alibaba and AliExpress. One thing I noticed is that AliExpress has higher prices and less delivery costs and also less variety. Meanwhile, Alibaba has more variety less prices however higher shipping costs, what could be the alternative like should I choose my own shipping agent in China because otherwise I have to pay good amount to all the different seller per each product. Which is costly.

I am new so no idea how to do this suppliers finding things.

Would it be better for me to source from Alibaba or Aliexpress? Which of them is better?

How to choose my own reliable and cheaper shipping agent in China? If anyone is into this e-commerce please provide some guidance, all kind of help is appreciated.

Aliexpress is B2C. Alibaba is B2B. You need to source from Alibaba.

2 Likes

For ecommerce business, it’s better to go with Alibaba. Find a reliable supplier with trade assurance, negotiate your product details with him and finalize all the details for product manufacturing and total cost for it (EXW). Then ask him for providing shipping as well (in this way finalize DDP Cost).

Manufacturing and shipping from same supplier costs less expensive.

2 Likes

Alibaba is for wholesale while Aliexpress is for retail

1 Like

But shipping costs are too much if I pay all the suppliers separately because not one supplier has all the products I like so………

Find your own shipping agent.

1. in case you are buying from multiple suppliers, you can hire a reliable shipping agent (can go to Alibaba freight forwarders or other shipping companies) and tell your suppliers to deliver the packages to the shipping spot (can negotiate with suppliers to charge the lowest possible for this)

2. you can also ask the freight forwarder to gather products from your suppliers in the lowest possible cost (including custom clearance).

3. or you can go for sea shipping.

2 Likes