FBM shipping costs

I get the analitics, the graphs, the profit predictions, etc., but how do you account for the shipping cost? I’ve seen and heard a lot about how to check if a product is good to sell. However, shipping explanations don’t seem to exist out there.

Some items I have to guess the shipping. However, some areas of the country will eat into my profits due to the crazy shipping rates 😒

So my question is, what some strategies or tools or things that you do to help you figure out shipping costs?

l used to use 0.30 per pound. With the new fees I now use 0.75 per pound. After a few months you can go in and calculate your actual cost per pound.

Enter that into your profit calculator.

1 Like

I assume you are talking about FBA, right? If I were to do FBA, I still need to pay for shipping from Amazon to the customer, right?

Currently I’m doing FBM

1 Like

Yes its part of the Amazon fees and is automatically calculated by your profit calculator.

1 Like

With fbm, it’s little complexed while calculating shipping cost. It can and can not be the same shipping cost at the same time.

Shipping cost is mainly depends on products weight and dimensions if you want to use ground shipping which is the cheapest option that UPS and USPS have. I always tell everyone to do fbm on high ticket items and if your margins are good, I prefer USPS fixed rate shipping offers because you pay the same shipping charges regardless of what state you’re shipping to.

4 Likes

Thank you both for the insight :slight_smile: