False Intellectual property infringement

Hello all!
I’ve ran into a bit of a situation regarding a “critical event” due to infringement on intellectual property complaints.

Here’s a breakdown:

• Ive been selling product for 2 months
  • Other sellers on listing include AMZ and the brand owner of ‘example’.
  • The listing brand is ‘example’ so it’s clear that the other seller created listing under his brand name
  • ‘example’ brand from the other seller is incorrect as its a mainstream household brand that manufacturers the product we are both selling.

Long story short I’ve been kicked off the listing due to “not containing his ‘example’ brand when detail page claims it should.” Now my account health is at 192.(detail page doesn’t mention this and it’s customer complaint apparently)
Ive appealed but been denied, what is the right Course of action here as I just want my account health back to normal.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hello @Danb6,

thank you for joining our forum.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Complaint. What you described is a very common scenario. The correct action would be to firstly alter the listing and make Amazon place the actual brand into the Brand field.

You can do this by opening a Seller Support case, where you will be asked to submit some evidence of your desired changes.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to post here whenever you need help.

2 Likes

Thank you Kika, when the brand is correctly changed is the next step for me appealing my critical event again?
On the basis they don’t change the brand on the listing what should I do?
Thank you

1 Like

Hi Kika, upon requesting brand change I got the attached reply

1 Like

In this case, since the Seller Support refused to let you correct the Product Detail Page, it would be appropriate to report this as a violation “Wrong Information on Product Detail Page”.

To avoid getting unhelpful Seller Support replies, I would advise you to go to Twitter, tag @amazonsellerhelp and explain what happened. They will then DM you and this way you will be able to reach senior Amazon staff.

1 Like