Error code 5885

I am trying to list a generic product. And amazon is giving this issue. Idk why did this happened. It was working perfectly before buying the inventory. And now i am trying its giving this error

Purchase UPCs from gs1 then.

Check product pictures. Your product pictures may not be according to Amazon guidelines. Review it then again open case with support team.

Thanks

This is Amazon trying to keep you from an IP Claim. You can’t list on generic listings.

1 Like

Check the brand name by the title if that shows the brand name of the product and not generic then you can open a case using the error code as a keyword. If the product is branded and shows as generic it is a policy violation and the listing will eventually be removed. Read the generic product policy and brand name policy by using the search bar at the top of seller central.

I have same issue. 2 listings

We can list our own generic listings

You can but your risking IP infringement. If it’s not a generic product, it shouldn’t have a generic brand-name.

You cannot list under a Generic listing which is not originally created by you.

Check for changes in Amazon’s policies or product requirements, and contact seller support for assistance with the listing issue.