EANs invalid after listing creator stopped paying their GS1 subscription

Hi guys,

Some of my listings EAN are no longer valid as the person who has made the listing has stopped paying the subscription to GS1. Does anyone know what I can do as Amazon have deleted 2 listings and I do not want anymore deleted. Anyway I can change the EAN to the proper brands EAN? Any other suggestions are welcome please.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out about the issue with your listings’ EANs (European Article Numbers) and Amazon’s deletion of two listings due to invalid EANs. I understand the importance of maintaining accurate and valid EANs to avoid disruptions to your listings and sales.

Here are a few suggestions to address this issue and prevent further listings from being deleted:

1. Update EANs: If the EANs associated with your listings are no longer valid, you can request to update them with the proper brand’s EANs. To do this, you will need to provide documentation or proof of ownership of the products, such as invoices or letters of authorization from the brand owner. Contact Amazon Seller Support and request assistance with updating the EANs for your affected listings.

2. Obtain New EANs: If you are unable to update the EANs with the proper brand’s codes, you may need to obtain new EANs from a valid GS1 source. This may require purchasing a subscription to GS1 or obtaining EANs from another authorized provider. Once you have the new EANs, you can update your listings accordingly and ensure compliance with Amazon’s policies.

3. Appeal Deletions: If Amazon has already deleted listings due to invalid EANs, you can submit an appeal to request reinstatement of the listings. Provide any relevant documentation or information to support your appeal, such as proof of ownership or documentation showing the validity of the EANs. Be proactive in addressing the issue and working with Amazon to resolve it.

4. Monitor Listings: Regularly monitor your listings to ensure that all EANs are valid and up-to-date. Address any issues or discrepancies promptly to prevent further deletions or disruptions to your listings and sales.

It’s crucial to address this issue promptly and take proactive steps to update or validate your listings’ EANs to avoid further problems. If you need assistance or guidance in resolving this issue, don’t hesitate to reach out to Amazon Seller Support or consult with a professional familiar with Amazon’s policies and procedures.

If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to reach out. We’re here to help you navigate through this process and ensure the continued success of your Amazon business.

Unfortunately, Amazon requires that the original product identifier is used (or fixed).

If the barcode is correct, but its GS1 subscription expired, I would advise you to open a Seller Support case and explain what happened, along with providing evidence of the barcode being correct.

1 Like