Do I need LLC for a resellers certificate for tax exemption in AZ?

Thank you

No a LLC is just a business structure.You don’t have to have one to be in business doesn’t have to be attached to your name. It’s funny people want to be in business and the first thing they do is go out and register an LLC. No, that’s not the most important thing to be in business. The most important thing to do to be in business is to get some damn sales.you can set up your business structure however, you want later on.

4 Likes

You hit nail on the head with that, second most important is PROFIT.

3 Likes

Setting up an actual LLC will help in the long run though since a lot of wholesalers will only sell to registered businesses. It also helps out with tax write offs, especially when you get started. You can also later on transition to an S corporation and save even more money without being taxed as an individual or flow through entity.

2 Likes

Yes I know all of that @masud530, but so many people think that they have to have an LLC to be in business. It’s simply isn’t the case and when you get your business up and running, maybe an LLC isn’t the right structure for you. But somebody read somewhere that an LLC is a good thing to have and you have to have it to be in business so now everybody runs out and gets one before they even figure out how to make any fucking money, the important thing is learn to make money. Then when you have a viable business, making money, then figure out how to structure it. Also, so many people include LLC in their business name and their website name. It’s not necessary and it just looks stupid people don’t add S Corp. to the end of their business name, it’s just one of my pet peeves

3 Likes

It depends on the specific requirements of the state or jurisdiction where you are doing business.

Having an LLC is not a strict requirement but it can offer certain perks.

3 Likes

In Arizona you just need a business license from whatever city you’re in and you can apply for the TPT license

1 Like

sole proprietor

2 Likes

Thank you all for your advice. What website do I go to to apply for a business license?

1 Like

Bingo!

2 Likes

Arizona Business One Stop

https://azdor.gov/business

2 Likes