Dealing with inventory issues

Hi everyone, yesterday marks the first month of Amazon selling for us.

Just wanted to share my experience for people out there wondering if it’s still worth it, yes it is. It may require a ton of time and hard work but gradually it will get better (at least that’s what I am hoping, there is still a long way ahead to learn and improve).

Initially, you may find that nothing works but once you start finding products it will get easier, so hang in there! Two weeks ago, I was one of those people who thought sourcing is difficult (it is no doubt) but there are many other factors which I think are more difficult such as keeping track of products delivered, refunds issued by Amazon, lost products by Amazon etc. but I am hopeful that my understanding of resolving these issues will get better too, just like sourcing.

For experienced sellers, would appreciate your guidance if you can suggest how to best monitor inventory issues, and also what happens when Amazon shows less items in shipment compared to the items sent ( I do have all my invoices, it’s surprisingly one FC which consistently shows short shipments).

Thanks so much in Advance.

1 Like

You will have to dispute the shortages by going to Shipments > click the shipment ID > Contents or open a case. Most sellers here use SellerToolKit to track inventory, orders, p&l, etc.

2 Likes

Are you sure that MOST sellers here use this? Where did you get this bit of data?

Maybe I’m being pedantic but some people just make statements as if they are facts.

Well done on getting these sales. Just remember that turnover is vanity but profit is sanity.

Indeed, selling on Amazon is very challenging, just like any other legitimate business, but it can change your life if you are willing to make sacrifices and not give up after the first setback.

Keep going, and remember, you have us here anytime you encounter an issue. Just make sure you master the analysis side of things and learn how to manage cash flow very well.

Most sellers from the arbitrage / youtube communities are using the Seller Toolkit, which is an inventory management and repricer tool (requires subscription). It is one of the most popular tool for OA, RA, wholesale, arbitrage and even PL sellers.

It gives you a lot of insight about listings, including selling history, risk of IP complaints etc. It’s a must have.

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out regarding inventory issues. We understand the importance of ensuring accurate and efficient inventory management.

To address inventory issues effectively, we recommend taking the following steps:

1. Identify the Issue: Determine the specific nature of the inventory issue, whether it’s related to stockouts, overstocking, discrepancies in counts, or other issues.

2. Conduct a Physical Inventory Count: If there are discrepancies in inventory counts, conduct a physical inventory count to reconcile the actual inventory on hand with the recorded inventory in your system.

3. Investigate Root Causes: Once the issue is identified, investigate the root causes behind the inventory discrepancies. This may involve reviewing sales data, purchase orders, receiving records, and other relevant information.

4. Implement Corrective Actions: Based on your findings, implement corrective actions to address the underlying causes of the inventory issues. This may include adjusting reorder quantities, improving receiving processes, optimizing warehouse layout, or enhancing inventory tracking systems.

5. Monitor and Review: Continuously monitor inventory levels and performance metrics to ensure that the corrective actions are effective. Regularly review inventory reports and key performance indicators to identify any recurring issues or areas for improvement.

6. Communicate with Suppliers and Customers: If inventory issues impact supplier relationships or customer orders, communicate proactively with suppliers and customers to manage expectations and mitigate any potential disruptions.

7. Seek Professional Assistance: If you encounter challenges in resolving inventory issues, consider seeking assistance from inventory management experts or consultants who can provide guidance and support tailored to your specific needs.

By taking proactive steps to address inventory issues and implementing effective inventory management practices, you can optimize inventory levels, minimize stockouts and overstocking, and improve overall operational efficiency.

If you need further assistance or have any specific concerns about your inventory, please don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re here to help you navigate through any inventory challenges you may encounter.

I never used any of these “SellerToolKit” etc tools, however, there are really crowds of arbitrage sellers who would be unable to survive on the platform without it.

It’s mostly younger sellers who were brought to Amazon after attending various paid mentoring courses.

1 Like

Thank you everyone, my question was answered