Customers get refunded for missed fulfillment promised date, damaged during transit or missing packages by FBA?

But AMZ took the funds from my account. Do I get any saying for this? Some sorts of reimbursement?

No.

Not rubbing this in your face, did you read the terms of service, don’t believe you did. You relinquished all control of your inventory to amazon.

That is one of several key reasons why we do not use FBA. Its very easy to build “goodwill” with the buyer when its at YOUR EXPENSE and costs amazon NOTHING, plus, they still collect the fees from you…

3 Likes

No.

When you signed up to sell on the FBA platform you turned your sales, shipping, and customer service over to Amazon.

The missed fulfillment promised date will most likely be returned to your inventory.

If an item you send to us as part of the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service is lost or damaged at a facility or by a carrier operated by Amazon or on behalf of Amazon, they will replace that item with a new item of the same FNSKU or reimburse you for it.

2 Likes

But do they just refund buyers at my expense? Are there any charges if I eventually receive the item back?

But AMZ took the funds from my account. Do I get any saying for this? Some sorts of reimbursement?

Pretty sure what @FunkyMonkey stated is about the only time they will reimburse you.

When dealing with amazon always remember ALL the loss is passed along to the 3P sellers.

2 Likes

Of course they did. But, you get your product back.

Are there any charges

Yes. A Returns processing fee based on the unit weight, product dimensions, and dimensional weight of a packaged item.

If your product is returned, it will be posted in the FBA Customer Returns report. Amazon will assess the condition (disposition) of the returned item and then process the return based on the condition.

2 Likes

Sadly, as both @FunkyMonkey and @skeeter advise, having Amazon refund your buyers is the negative of doing FBA.

If you are not happy with it, you would need to switch into FBM.

2 Likes