I’m trying to add Checkout by Amazon to our site but am having some real problems with creating the signature. I’ve finally got past the signature doesn’t match stage but am now getting a MalformedQueryString error saying that “the value of a query string parameter may not contain a ‘=’ delimiter” but I didn’t put that there so I’m not sure how to remove it.
Thanks in advance for any help.
If you’re encountering a “MalformedQueryString” error when trying to create a signature for Checkout by Amazon, it usually indicates that there is an issue with the formatting of your query string parameters. Here are a few suggestions to help you troubleshoot this problem:
- Check your query string parameters: Review the query string parameters you’re including in your request. Ensure that each parameter is correctly formatted and does not contain any unexpected characters or extra delimiters. Pay special attention to any values you’re passing that might include special characters or reserved characters that need to be properly encoded.
- URL encoding: Make sure that all query string parameter values are properly URL encoded. Encoding special characters, such as spaces or reserved characters like “=” or “&”, will ensure that the parameters are correctly interpreted by the server.
- Order of parameters: Check the order of the parameters in your query string. Some APIs or services require specific ordering of parameters. Ensure that you’re following the correct order as specified in the API documentation.
- Signature generation process: Double-check your code or implementation for generating the signature. Ensure that you’re correctly assembling the query string, applying any necessary encoding, and generating the signature based on the expected format and algorithm specified by the Checkout by Amazon API.
- API documentation and support: Consult the official documentation or developer resources provided by Amazon for the Checkout by Amazon API. These resources often include specific guidelines, examples, and troubleshooting steps to help you resolve common issues. If necessary, reach out to Amazon’s developer support for further assistance.
By reviewing and addressing these aspects, you should be able to resolve the “MalformedQueryString” error and successfully create the signature for Checkout by Amazon.