Copyright complaint on a new listing

Hi all,

I am a new seller. I recently launched my own product. It was getting more traffic and sales day by day. I took really good care of the listing and kept optimising the listing content, doing some fine tune everyday.

Today, suddenly I got an email notification. The headline is “Policy Warning”

`“Hello, We are contacting you because we received a report of copyright infringement from the rights owner listed below. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to create listings or detail pages that infringe copyright.

We removed the content listed at the end of this email. We may let you list this content again if we receive a retraction of the complaint from the rights owner. Their contact information can be found below.”`

All images are photoshop by me and the listing content is written by me without copying any other listings.

Well, there is something called DMCA counter-notice. It looked like this is the only way I can do. I filled all my information and checked all the boxes.

And…Hit “Submit”

All I can do now is nothing but wait. Why can Amazon remove my listing without even investigating the case with the seller who is me first?

Questions:

1. How would you handle it if it were you?

2. Instead of waiting (passive), is there any faster solutions or actions (active)?

3. How to prevent this situation happened again? Any precaution steps we can make as a seller?

4. Amazon only gave the email of the one who made complaint for me. I don’t even know who is it?! How can I fight back?

You should have first reached out to the rights owner… I would do that today to try and work things out, if they respond… Now, because you have already submitted the DMCA Counter Notice, if the rights owner does not file a lawsuit against you, it can take up to 30 days for your ASIN to be reinstated… There is nothing you can do to speed this up, sorry… Good Luck!

1 Like

OMG…bad news just came out. “We completed our evaluation of your submission. We do not have enough information to remove the violation at this time.” Rejected my DMCA counter notice? No explaination. What should I do now?

IMG_6825

Hello @9tqrnczu,

I am sorry to hear that your listing has been deactivated due to an unjustified Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Complaint.

Unfortunately, a DMCA notice will not always work. If you are confident that the complaint is false, because your merchandise is authentic and able to prove it either with valid invoices or receipts, you can dispute it by providing Amazon the proof of authenticity.

Amazon will only accept receipts and invoices which clearly display all of the following:

Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)

– Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website)

– Item descriptions (matching the ASIN(/s)

– Item quantities (should reflect your selling volume)

– Invoice date (must be issued in the last 365 days)

Also, Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Complaints are best handled by legal means and it would be more effective for you to hire a lawyer to reach out to Amazon and also take action against the complaining party.