Checkout with Amazon Error message

Hi all,

Just wondering if someone can help.
I would like to set up an Amazon checkout option on my website, however when i try to sign up I get the following message:

You are trying to add Advanced Payments APIs to your existing Sell on Amazon Account. Please note that Checkout by Amazon and Advanced Payments APIs cannot be added to this account. Click Here to create an account using a different email address.

I understand what its saying but I don’t see why I need to create another account, I have a professional seller account, and we are a UK LTD company.

Thanks

Unfortunately the two account types are not compatible and therefore you need to open an account with an e-mail address that is not linked to a Sell on Amazon account.

I had the same issue and followed the advice - setting up a separate account for the amazon payments/checkout by amazon, with a different email address to my Sell on Amazon account.

Today I updated my seller account with the new bank account (same as the one on my Checkout by Amazon account) and have since received an email (as below) saying I may be in violation of Amazon policies.

Have I set it up wrong? Obviously worried my seller account will be suspended as a result (and would just add to the list of problems with getting Amazon Payments set up has caused!).

Thanks,

"Dear seller,

We are writing because you may have violated our policies by operating more than one seller account on Amazon.co.uk.

Our policies do not allow sellers to operate or maintain multiple seller accounts on our website. We want to call your attention to this policy because violations may result in the removal of your Amazon.co.ukselling privileges.

To learn more about this policy, search “Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions” in Seller Central Help.

Please confirm which account you would like to keep open and which you would like to close. "

Just wondering how your issue was eventually resolved. I used to have the same issue when trying to activate and really don’t want to be receiving such an email from Amazon.