We have received two chargebacks today. Both orders were fulfilled and are fully delivered and signed for. This website is selling high end goods at knock down prices, accepting payment from their customer then ordering on proper websites at higher prices and entering the customer details, which cannot match the payment card but get authorised by Amazon Pay. 6 weeks later we receive notification of chargebacks.
Currently our loss is £297.00 but have spotted another order yet to be claimed.
Amazon have yet to inform me why they are allowing these transactions through, we have had to suspend Amazon pay on our website as it appears too easy to commit fraud.
Has anyone else encountered Buzz Retail?
I’m sorry to hear about the chargebacks and the fraudulent activity you’ve experienced with Amazon Pay. I don’t have access to real-time information or specific user experiences. However, I can offer some general suggestions to address the situation:
- Contact Amazon Pay Support: Reach out to Amazon Pay directly to report the fraudulent transactions and seek their assistance in investigating the issue. They should be able to provide guidance on how to handle the chargebacks and help you understand why these transactions were authorized.
- Provide evidence: Gather all relevant documentation, including proof of delivery, signed receipts, and any other evidence that supports your claim that the orders were fulfilled and delivered successfully. Submit this evidence to Amazon Pay and the payment card companies involved in the chargebacks. This documentation can strengthen your case and increase your chances of reversing the chargebacks.
- Review your store’s security measures: Evaluate your online store’s security measures and consider implementing additional safeguards to minimize the risk of fraudulent transactions. This may include implementing stronger verification processes, using fraud detection systems, or working with payment processors that offer additional security measures.
- Research and share information: Search online forums, discussion boards, or community groups to see if other sellers have encountered similar issues with Buzz Retail or any other potentially fraudulent entities. Sharing information and experiences can help raise awareness and protect other sellers from falling victim to similar scams.
- Consult with legal professionals: If you believe you have suffered significant losses due to fraudulent activity, it may be advisable to consult with legal professionals who specialize in e-commerce or fraud-related matters. They can provide specific advice based on your situation and help you explore any potential legal recourse.
Remember, these suggestions are general in nature, and it’s important to consult with the appropriate professionals and contact Amazon Pay directly for specific guidance tailored to your situation.