Changing legal entity - suspended

Hi guys, has anyone experienced a long suspension after changing their legal entity from sole proprietor to limited company on amazon? I went through the correct stages, emailed the seller verification team etc, and waited until they asked me to send the details, which I did. I had to send the same details three separate times, and got an email saying I was successful, followed by another saying I was suspended while they verify the details I sent. This was three weeks ago, I have been unable to disburse any funds and it’s having an obviously serious impact on my business. Would it be worth using the managing director email to give them a poke? I’ve heard of verifications taking up to three months and that’s just unacceptable.

Hello everyone,

I understand the frustration and impact on your business when experiencing a prolonged suspension after changing your legal entity from a sole proprietor to a limited company on Amazon. It can be concerning when you follow the correct steps, provide the necessary details, and yet face delays in the verification process. While I can’t provide specific insights into your account, I can offer some general advice based on common practices:

1. Email the Seller Verification Team: It’s positive that you’ve already been in contact with the Seller Verification Team and provided the required details. If it has been three weeks since your last communication with them, it may be worth reaching out again for an update. Using the managing director email or any official channel to inquire about the status of your verification could be a reasonable step.
  2. Be patient but persistent: Verification processes can sometimes take longer than expected due to various factors, including workload and additional checks. While it can be frustrating, it’s important to remain patient while following up at appropriate intervals. Polite and persistent communication with the Seller Verification Team can help keep your case on their radar.
  3. Seek clarification: If you receive conflicting emails or unclear responses, consider asking for clarification on the specific details they are verifying or any further steps they require from you. This will help ensure that you have provided all the necessary information and expedite the process.
  4. Evaluate the impact on your business: Assess the impact of the suspension on your business operations and finances. If it’s having a severe and immediate impact, you may want to explore alternative avenues to contact Amazon’s support channels, such as Seller Support or the escalation team. While the managing director email might be an option, it’s generally best to utilize official support channels first.

It’s important to note that every case is unique, and the duration of verification processes can vary. While three months seems like an extended timeframe, it’s crucial to maintain open communication with Amazon and seek regular updates on the progress of your verification.

I understand the urgency in resolving this matter, and I hope that your suspension is resolved as soon as possible. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Legal entity change can take long. I had to wait for 6 months