Canada tax question

I’m a beginner to FBA and I want to sell to Canada (i’m from Quebec/Canada) I know I need to register to tax GST, but there are also HST, PST and QST
Canada GST/HST

• Ontario – 13%

• New Brunswick – 15%

• New Foundland – 15%

• Nova Scotia – 15%

• Prince Edward Island – 15%

CANADA GST AND PST/QST
  • Quebec – 5% GST + 9.975% QST

• British Columbia – 5% GST + 7% PST

• Saskatchewan – 5% GST + 6% PST

Do I need to register HST/PST and QST ?

Do I need to return these tax to all provin or there is a way to send it to one place ?

thank you for your help

1 Like

As a beginner in FBA, if you want to sell in Canada (especially in Quebec), you’ll need to register for GST and QST. The requirement for HST and PST depends on the specific provinces you plan to sell in. Each province has its own tax rates and requirements. You’ll need to register and return taxes to the respective provinces where you have sales.

You’ll remit taxes based on the customer’s location, not a single place.

1 Like

As a seller from Quebec, you are required to register for and collect both GST and QST on all taxable sales made to Canadian customers, including those in Quebec. You will need to file GST/HST returns with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and QST returns with Revenu Québec on a quarterly or monthly basis, depending on your sales volume.

To register for GST and QST, you can create an online account with the CRA and Revenu Québec, respectively. Once registered, you will receive a business number (BN) from the CRA and a tax registration number (TRN) from Revenu Québec. You will need to include these numbers on your invoices and tax returns.

In terms of filing GST/HST returns, you will need to submit them to the CRA on a quarterly or monthly basis, depending on your sales volume. For QST returns, you will need to submit them to Revenu Québec on a monthly basis.

1 Like