Can you guys help me with the pros and cons of this?

We are a PL making our own product. My first two products went live this week FBA! I have two more I am thinking of listing FBM as it would be much easier for me. They are Christmas items so they are seasonal.

Since this is my first week at this I was worried about not sending enough product that they show my product and sending too much that I have left over inventory. Trying to figure out where the balance might be. That’s why I was wondering if fbm would be better……I am also considering offering them as a custom which might help keep the sales up.

The main reason for FBM would be to control inventory. Since I am brand new to this, it would keep me from having to make so much stock and I could list it tomorrow versus in a week when I have 100 of the item to send. I didn’t know if I still offered the 24 to 48 turn around if it would still show as prime?

When Christmas sales go crazy FBA quicker, you ll also get prime delivery after last postal dates (when orders go mental!)

The algorithm favours FBA when you re new, and it takes the hassle away of dispatch if you’re busy. I d get comfortable with the fa t year 1 you won’t get it right - you ll either have too much or too little stock, if you have too much you can play around with pricing and push with advertising, too little you may have less options unless you can get more quickly! It’s a marathon not a sprint!

1 Like