Can you advise me on how to place an order without revealing my intention to sell in the UK?

Yesterday, I approached a distributor who is an authorized distributor of a well-known brand. They informed me that they only sell to resellers who distribute the brand in Australia and India. However, I managed to convince them to provide me with their catalog, and the prices are incredibly favorable. If I could sell in the UK, each unit would giving an 80-90% ROI.

Is it ethically acceptable to proceed this way? If it is, how should I place the order?

Would it be legitimate to place the order through my Australian company, have the delivery sent to my UK warehouse, and then sell the goods to my UK company. Is that enough to proof supply chain?

There is a reason why they only said Australia and India. The brand probably has an agreement with another company for the UK already.

You will get caught, eventually. If you want to place an order and flip that inventory, why not. If you’re trying to build a legitimate business and business relationship then no.

I’m in the same situation I opened an account with a brand they never asked where I sell and I never told them that I sell on Amazon after my third order they realised that I sell on Amazon and phone me to tell me not to sell on Amazon, wouldn’t even give me time to sell the stock I have, and complained to Amazon for ip violation. So it’s not worth it if they say no don’t do it.

No do not do it as you will get caught.

If you can share the supplier as we work in Australia it’ll be beneficial for us as there is no use for you now.

Very similar situation. Opened a trade account with a brand, bought a few pallets, almost sold everything, reordered again. Sold half, then the brand told me off for selling on Amazon. They told me to stop ASAP or I’d get in trouble. Mad!

At least brands need to give time to go OOS, this is seriously mad.

Unfortunately they do not really care and it makes sense tbh as they have deals in place with other resellers … deal is a deal no matter what.