Can I get away with 5 5 star reviews from family on my first 5 products sold?

This would be only first 5 products.

I’m hoping it’s too low to raise a flag or even get noticed. Everything after that will be legit review only.

If not, what can I get away with before getting noticed? How does Amazon detect if the reviews are legit?

That is against the rules and ToS. Do not recommend.

4 Likes

You may get away with this but don’t risk your account. Amazon is extra strict on new sellers.

3 Likes

Nope!

3 Likes

Thank you all. Good to know

1 Like

I sympathize because it’s so hard to sell with zero feedback or reviews. I did kind of the same 20 years ago, but that was 20 years ago… I used to buy for myself, review some (in earnest), then 2 years later would want to get rid of it & sell it, and forgot (or not) all about my review which I wrote when I was only the buyer of it, not seller. Anyway, I got away with it back then. However, oddly, about 5 or 6 years ago I got a shock, receiving a serious warning saying they detected that either I or friends might have placed 1 or more review(s) for things I sell. It was very vague and I hadn’t placed any new review in years, and they gave no indication which item(s) it was! No idea (so I couldn’t even remove the review if it was mine). I wonder if it could be a trick of Amazon to once in a while send this vague random warning to dissuade us & make us think they would be able to detect it!..

1 Like

I have never placed any orders for my own products and neither of my family members have a seller account, but I still occasionally receive these warnings as well.

It’s the best to be careful. Why would anyone risk their account over a few reviews which still don’t guarantee sales?

For some reason, I have always been lucky enough to receive lots of product reviews on my listings naturally.

If you continue selling, then eventually you will receive the reviews as well.

1 Like