BUYBOX SUPPRESSION

When a buybox is suppressed how can we get it back without just selling for a lower price?

Sometime amazon provides discount to bring back bb, you need to drop the price slowly to check what maximum discount amazon can offer and what price you’ve to set to bring back buybox. For example, in one of my listing, bb price is £34.99, l’ve set my price to 36.49 and amazon is providing £1.5 discount to match my price to bb. But this happens only when product is in demand, sellers are not willing to drop the price and amazon doesn’t want to keep buybox suppressed for a long time.

1 Like

As far as I am aware, there is nothing you can do apart of dropping the price until you bring the bb back to the listing.

85% of my sales are on BB suppressed listings

Most annoying is when its done at the price the product always has sold at historically

Thanks I didn’t know they do this so will look into it further. Do they automatically apply the discount or is there something we have to do?

Very annoying :angry:

1 Like

It has come back a few times but keeps disappearing when the price increases.

They automatically apply the discount, first keep your price just £0.5 above the BB, I mean the BB price before suppression, once discount is applied then start increasing price step by step to check how much max discount they are offering. But as I highlighted above, they don’t offer discount for every listing.

It happens. You can lower your price and see where the buy box appears and it that’s profitable for you then go for it. I sell lots of products with a suppressed buy box. Some things are a buy and hold.