Any notice the sales rank update?

It’s very subtle but it seems there has been an update the changed the way Sales Rank works for sub-categories. You can see it with some categories with some products. Example:

Product 1 - 8,000(in sports and outdoors) #50 in Basketballs
Product 2 - 7,000(in sports and outdoors) #100 in Basketballs

1 Like

What platform? Is this USA or UK or is it everywhere?

So far I’ve only noticed it in USA

Wasn’t it always like this? Do you have any ASIN examples or screenshots demonstrating the differences between how it used to be displayed?

Most of my popular ASINs don’t display any sales rank at all, while they used to in the past.

1 Like

It’s possible that Amazon has made adjustments to how sales rank is calculated or displayed for certain sub-categories, resulting in the changes you’ve observed in the rankings of these products. Such updates can happen over time to improve the accuracy of the rankings. If you have specific questions or concerns about this, you may want to reach out to Amazon Seller Support for more information.

3 Likes

Might very well be disinformation.
Any thing negatively impacting sellers that you can imagine is more than likely being done by amazon. Highly doubt that is a “bug in the code”, what ever they do is calculated and enabled by programmers.

Your observation just reinforces my position on all the “software for selling on amazon” is nothing but snake oil.

2 Likes

Lets be honest, all the software for Amazon is just different reports from Seller Central with a different UI

2 Likes

Actually, I don’t think the sales rank numbers under some listings where they are still present mean anything anymore. In the past, they used to demonstrate the success of a product. But now most products don’t have a sales rank and those who have are inaccurate.

1 Like

Amazon could be making substantial detail page changes to the back end. It’s very noticeable in the Home & Kitchen categories. The entire Best Sellers sub category is now gone from the Amazon website and seems to be the only category affected.

4 Likes

Yes, they keep experimenting with it but all depends on the browser you are using

@Frank9 which would mean they’re experimenting with other back-end information as well. Which probably does not bold well for smaller and medium size sellers because they tend to not experiment with larger size sellers.

3 Likes