Amazon Pay verification

I have been accepting Amazon Pay as a method of payment on our website since April 2019. Needless to say, I submitted all the documents to Amazon for account verification before I was allowed to offer that payment option.

Three years later - in May 2022 - it stopped working. Amazon said I needed to verify the account again, including the names of the two directors (myself and my wife) and bizarrely our dates of birth. I explained that Amazon already had copies of our passports, which they accepted as proof in 2019, and that our dates of births had remained the same.

We’re now into November and the verification process is still ongoing, despite me responding to their emails promptly and supplying all the requested details and documents.

Today Amazon asked for:

(1) the Primary Contact Person Information. That section was already completed.
(2) Beneficial Owner Information. Again, that section was already completed.
(3) Bank Account Information - already completed.
(4) Charge Method - they already had it.

I can only assume that the verification process is automated and there’s a glitch in their system, which Amazon won’t admit to. The alternative is that it is handled by untrained and overworked operatives who are making far too many mistakes.

When I contact Amazon Support, they basically say it is being handled by the verification team. So no help there then, as you can’t actually speak with the verification team directly. However, one Amazon operative advised me to contact my bank. It is an Amazon problem and nothing whatsoever to do with my bank.

I understand your frustration with the ongoing verification process for your Amazon Pay account and the lack of progress or helpful support from Amazon. While I don’t have access to your specific account details or the ability to resolve account-specific issues, I can offer some suggestions that may help:

1. Follow up with Amazon: Continue to respond promptly to Amazon’s requests for information and documents. Clearly communicate that you have already provided the requested information in the past and ask for clarification on why it is being requested again. Be persistent in seeking updates on the progress of the verification process.
  2. Escalate the Issue: If you feel that you are not getting a satisfactory resolution through regular customer support channels, consider escalating the issue. Reach out to Amazon’s Seller Support or Merchant Support team and request to speak with a supervisor or manager who may have more authority or resources to resolve the problem.
  3. Seek Professional Assistance: If you haven’t done so already, you may want to consider reaching out to professionals or consultants who specialize in Amazon account management or have experience dealing with account verification issues. They may be able to provide guidance or escalate the matter on your behalf.
  4. Seek Legal Advice: If you believe that Amazon’s actions are unjust or if the issue persists without resolution, you may want to consult with a legal professional specializing in e-commerce or business law. They can assess your situation and provide advice on any potential legal avenues or rights you may have.
  5. Explore Alternative Payment Solutions: While resolving the issue with Amazon Pay is ideal, it’s important to consider alternative payment solutions in case the situation cannot be resolved. Research and evaluate other payment processors or platforms that are suitable for your business needs.

Remember that each case is unique, and there is no guarantee of a specific outcome. It’s crucial to persist in your communication with Amazon, remain professional and factual in your appeals, and explore all available options to find a resolution.

I hope these suggestions provide some direction, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving the issues with your Amazon Pay account.