Amazon Business Accounts

I’ve seen quite a few posts over the last few days about Amazon Business accounts. I have a few questions about it.

1. I think one of the reasons is A2A. Is it safe? (sourcing directly from Amazon to resell on Amazon)

2. Can I use the same email address I use for my personal account to open a new account?

3. I believe I have to pay for a separate subscription for it.

4. Will it be a good option for those not registered for VAT?

1 Like

I presume you mean a business buyer account.

1. Sorry, no idea what this is
  2. yes you can
  3. there is no subscription other than prime, if you wish to have it. Be aware that the prime benefits and cost are different to those of non-business accounts. I changed my buyer account to business some years ago but have not changed the prime membership to the business prime. I don’t think that new accounts have any choice
  4. It makes no difference but you will have the benefit of having invoices available without asking the seller

Be aware that the returns laws for business to business transactions are often different that business to customer transactions so there may be occasions that this may go against you at times. I have not checked whether the Amazon returns policy for B2B is different to that for B2C but I wouldn’t be surprised.

4 Likes

I am not really experienced as i just started and i still dont know if this is something i will be doing ,. is just a matter if i like or not.

Yes a2a is safe, and from what i understand, is recommended to buy from amazon (seller) and not from 3rd party sellers , (some said that is okey even from 3rd party sellers as long they are establised businesses) .Do not use prime ( some said is nothing wrong to use prime), i prefer not to use prime for now

Do not use the same email address, just use a complete new email and there is no subscribtion unless u want to pay for prime.

Last question, if it is good for those who are not vat registered, i guess yes, why not ?:smiley:

3 Likes

Never use business prime when buying to resell, it is specifically worded in the Amazon T&C’s that it is not allowed. Buying from Amazon business to resell is allowed. Use a separate email. A2A is safe.

1 Like

I am sorry if I did not clarify my post. A2A is when you order inventory from Amazon for resale on Amazon.

So, should I only source if it says sold by Amazon?

I believe that you are based in the UK.

As far as I know, UK laws and Amazon policy does not allow to do A2A if you are reselling the item as “New”. You can use it as “Used - As New” even if it brand new.

This is partly because when you buy from a retailer (ie Amazon), any warranties are not transferrable.

This is why RA and OA are so risky and a bad business model in the UK. Saying that, I’m sure many people do it successfully.

It’s not something I would do but you can test this if you wish.

1 Like