Amazon blocked my listing

Hi,

I offer balloon arches that are categorized as hobby supplies. The products arrived to Amazon but were blocked because Amazon asked me to provide a declaration of conformity (and I do not have it) because they consider that they are games.

However, these are articles to be used by adults during parties.

Have you ever had this problem?

Actually, they are party supplies, not hobby supplies.

Since they could also be used at kids parties, Amazon wants to make sure they are safe. See if you can get a conformity certificate from your source. Otherwise, you may have to have pay to have them tested at a CPSC-accepted laboratory.

4 Likes

In your case, it seems that Amazon has classified your balloon arches as games, even though they are intended for use by adults during parties. This is likely because balloon arches can be used by children, and Amazon wants to ensure that all products sold on their platform are safe for all ages.

To resolve this issue, you will need to obtain a DoC for your balloon arches. You can do this by contacting a testing lab that specializes in toy safety testing. The lab will test your product to ensure that it complies with all applicable safety regulations, and they will then issue you a DoC.

Once you have obtained the DoC, you can upload it to your Amazon Seller Central account. This will help Amazon to verify that your product is safe for sale, and they should then unblock your listing.

4 Likes

Just be glad they didn’t consider it a pesticide. That one is a nightmare to fix.

2 Likes

Submit a detailed appeal to Amazon explaining that your balloon arches are intended for adult use at parties, not games. Provide supporting documentation or descriptions to clarify their correct classification as hobby supplies, aiming to lift the block on your products.

I did it yesterday but they insisted to categorized my articles as games. I will try again with more information. Thank you for advice.

1 Like

Many many years ago I sold Target snow globes and they made us get specific testing under the toy category. Obviously, snow globes are not toys. But the reason they did it is because they’re attractive in a way where a kid might want to pick it up and throw it.

Ballon’s are the same. Like an attractive toy. You’ll likely need the testing.

2 Likes