Account Deactivation for "Misuse of sales rank," and "Misuse of Search and Browse

Hi guys! I have got a strange situation here. On monday, we received a notification from amazon saying that we have been violating ‘Sales Rank & Search and Browse’. so I called Seller Support asking for an explanation and they said it’s just a notification that has been sent to most of the sellers just to make sure they’re on top of things, and they confirmed that in writing. We then get the same notification 2 days later, this time we were advised to respond to that email and ask for explanation because we have done nothing wrong, so we responded to that email. Now this morning, we have got this from amazon: Your Amazon seller account remains temporarily deactivated. Your listings have been removed. Funds will not be transferred to you but will be held in your account while we work with you to address this issue. Please ship any open orders to avoid further impact to your account. Why is this happening? To help you identify specific areas of improvement, we encourage you to review the “Misuse of ratings, feedback, or reviews,” “Misuse of sales rank,” and “Misuse of Search and Browse” sections of the “Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions” page How do I reactivate my account? To reactivate your account, please send a plan of action that explains: – The root cause(s) of the Sales Rank & Search and Browse violation; – The actions you have taken to resolve the policy violation; and – The steps you have taken to prevent this violation in the future. How do I send the required information? If you want to appeal this decision, click the Appeal button next to this message on the Performance Notifications page in Seller Central What happens if I do not send the requested information? If you do not send an acceptable plan within 17 days, you may not be eligible to sell on Amazon anymore. If you have funds in your account, they will be available after any amounts paid for A-to-z claims or chargebacks on your orders have been deducted. This usually takes about 90 days, but funds may be held longer. You can see your balance and settlement information in the Payments section of Seller Central. If you have questions about those, please send an email to [email protected]. If you have any FBA inventory remaining in our fulfillment centers, you will receive an email in 30 days with instruction on how to remove it. You can view your account performance at (or select Account Health on the home screen of the Amazon Seller app on your iOS or Android device. The Account Health dashboard shows how well your account is performing against the performance metrics and policies required to sell on Amazon. Thank you. Sincerely, Seller Performance Team The strange thing is that our account status is still ‘Valid’ and all our listings are still live. I’m scratching my head here because we have been trading on amazon for about 3 years and I have never seen a notification like this one, and we have not done anything to violate any of the policies as mentioned in their notification. Any ideas on how to tackle this? Thank you so much for your patience in reading this.

Since you mentioned that all your listings are still live, then the account isn’t deactivated, right?

Personally, I would never listen to any advice from the Seller Support.

This kind of violations are normally connected to automated software or keywords that include third party trademarked terms.

That’s what I said, account is still active even though they said it’s deactivated.

If it is so, then they most likely issued you the notifications in error.

I had similar occasions happen to me as well.

But were these simply e-mails or are they showing with a red flag and found in your Performance Notifications?