Account deactivation due to infringement complaints

Hello all.

I’ve been selling used books and board games on Amazon since June. I recently had my account deactivated for two IP complaints received

First complaint was for a used book alleging it was a pirated item. It was a book that I obtained at an Amazon return item pallet auction. All visual indicators were that the book was authentic and it had an Amazon fnsku on it. Had I known about the booksrun.com book checker at the time, I would have seen it was highly likely to be counterfeit and would have stayed away from it. However I didn’t know about that resource at the time and did list it.

Second complaint was for a used board game I acquired at a Goodwill thrift store alleging it was counterfeit. All visual indicators are that it is not counterfeit. It was listed FBM and so remained in my possession until I received notification of the complaint. Being in my possession, it seems to me it should be obvious a test buy was not conducted and the counterfeit claim is not supported by evidence.

I’ve given what I think is a comprehensive explanation of the circumstances of my acquisition of these items. I’ve sent requests to the complaining entities for retraction of the complaints but so far have not heard back from either. Amazon keeps replying a form letter style response saying they need more information and requesting invoices or other proof the items are authentic. I’ve spoken with Amazon account health reps several times and tried to comply with everything they say (to the extent that I can understand them). Phone support is currently down and am waiting for a written response from an Account Health person.

I don’t know what else to do. Is there any hope of getting this resolved without retraction of the complaints?

Without retraction of the complaints, it is unlikely that you will be able to get your Amazon account reactivated. Here are some things you can do:

Provide invoices or other proof of purchase for the items.

Send a letter to Amazon explaining the circumstances of your acquisition of the items and why you believe they are authentic. If you have any other evidence to support your case, such as feedback from satisfied customers, submit it to Amazon. You can also try to contact the complaining entities again and request retraction of the complaints. If they are unwilling to retract the complaints, you may need to hire an attorney to assist you with appealing the suspension.

Unfortunately, without a retraction notice, in order to appeal this Intellectual Property Rights Infringement suspension, you will need to provide Amazon an invoice, letter of authorization or license agreement from the manufacturer or Rights Owner demonstrating that your use of the intellectual property is lawful.

The invoices or receipts should include all of the following:

— Supplier information (name, phone number, address, website)

– Buyer information (name, phone number, address, website)

– Item descriptions

– Item quantities (should reflect your sales volume)

– Invoice date (must be issued in the last 365 days)

Maybe @Akmal will be able to assist you.

1 Like

consider being more cautious about the sources of your inventory. Make use of tools like booksrun.com or other resources to help verify the authenticity of items before listing them.

submit a detailed appeal to the Amazon with all the evidences. Remember that resolving these issues can be time-consuming and may require persistence. It’s essential to remain patient and professional in your communications with Amazon, as this can have a positive impact on your case.