Account Deactivation - Account Health 244

Relatively new seller on Amazon and have been learning on the fly, which seems to be a really bad pathway because Amazon seemingly doesn’t screw around with de-activations and such.

I had created a number of Generic listings for my own products. After selling for a while and releasing new products, I had several products that would work well within a single listing and are legitimate variations. The problem was that I created the parent ASIN and merged them within the single listing, but originally the two child ASINs were within different browse nodes, the product descriptions were a bit different, but I had made the bullet points almost the same.

Another problem I had was that I learned that since parent ASINs details don’t affect anything within the actually listing, I was setting them up with placeholder information and then only editing the child listings. I’ve since learned that Amazon wants the parent listing to match up with the child listings.

This policy warning and de-activation was all happening while I was currently de-activated for being linked to a 2nd account that was de-activated. I have since remedied that situation and am no longer de-activated for the 2nd account link, but I’m trying to clean up this policy de-activation now. While I was de-activated with that going on, I couldn’t create any case related to anything but my account health, all the contact forms only directed to account health, and I couldn’t edit my listings. So i could not touch any other listings that may had been in violation, but since I was de-activated, the listings weren’t active and did not show inventory.

Original policy warning on February 27th:

Amazon deleted out the parent listing on the affected ASIN and they removed that policy warning the same day within a few hours:

Earlier this month, Amazon deleted out all my listings (while I was still de-activated for the 2nd account issue) and sent this notification:

My account health is perfectly healthy:

I had appealed with varying POA formats, taking responsibility for the missteps, steps I’ve taken to remedy the issue, and steps I’ll take in the future to avoid them again, but they’ve been denied.

Is the form saying my only chance out is providing evidence the deactivation is in error, or will a POA still work and I need to refine it a bit?

Hello @variation_deactive,

thank you for joining the forum. Nice to see you there. I am sorry to hear that your Seller Account has been deactivated due to alleged variation misuse. Please note that variations are very tricky and can often lead to Seller Account deactivations that are difficult to get lifted.

How many times have you appealed so far? I can see that you don’t have any violations, so this shouldn’t be difficult to get lifted with a good Plan of Action.

Could you post here your most recent Plan of Action and Amazon’s most recent rejection notice to your appeal?

Do you have any screenshots of the ASINs which triggered the warnings? Or could you post here pictures of the products that were joined together as variations?

1 Like