Accept other currencies

Hey guys,

I have integrated my UK Amazon Pay in my online shop which sells in the currency “euro”. Each time the customers want to check out it shows: The OrderReferenceId … has constraints CurrencyMismatch and cannot be confirmed.

Is there a way to accept other currencies than GBP with my UK Account?

Best regards

If you have a UK-based Amazon Pay account, it’s typically associated with the currency GBP (British Pound). By default, Amazon Pay transactions are processed in the currency associated with your Amazon Pay account.

To accept other currencies, such as Euro, with your UK Amazon Pay account, you would need to enable Multi-Currency Pricing (MCP). MCP allows you to offer your customers the option to pay in their local currency while receiving the funds in your chosen currency (GBP in this case). This can provide a better shopping experience for international customers and potentially increase conversions.

To enable Multi-Currency Pricing, you will need to contact Amazon Pay support directly. They will guide you through the process and provide the necessary steps to enable MCP on your Amazon Pay account. Keep in mind that enabling MCP may have certain requirements and considerations, so it’s best to consult with Amazon Pay support for specific details.

Once MCP is enabled, customers visiting your online shop will be able to see prices and pay in their local currency, including Euro, while the funds will be settled in GBP to your account.

Please note that the availability and specific details of Multi-Currency Pricing may vary based on your location and the policies of Amazon Pay. Therefore, it’s important to reach out to Amazon Pay support for accurate information and guidance regarding your specific account and circumstances.