Struggling with brand approval

Hi,

I have been an Amazon VA working on wholesale brand approval for the past year. During this time, I have struggled to secure good brand approvals. I have also used the Seller Spying method. When I found a brand with good products on Amazon, I hunted down their contact details and reached out to them via email or phone. However, some brands do not allow third-party sellers, and others do not permit selling on Amazon.

Using the second method, I found many small brands that approved me, but their products were not profitable. Now, I am in a situation where I have clients but lack brand approvals with profitable products.

How can I proceed further in this situation? I am facing difficulties because of these issues.

Thank you for reading my post. Please feel free to guide me.

The first problem is that you have started with this annoying brand approval process. I know it’s very popular, but it makes no sense to start with it, and you are the proof. There’s nothing wrong with going for brand deals directly, but not when you are just starting out. Do it later when you have established yourself in the Amazon space. Why would a brand work directly with you? Who are you? You need to be someone who is already generating significant volume, which might make a good brand want to work with you.

You should start by reselling any brand that is safe from IP issues by buying from wholesalers or distributors. I have sold millions of USD since I started selling on Amazon and have never needed brand approval. I don’t think I’ve had more than five IP claims in the last 3.5 years.

You are wasting your time with this brand approval process.

1 Like

What does brand approval mean, is that exclusivity where you are the only seller or buying from the brand directly?

Very well explained. Thanks

Brand approval - when you get a trade account with the brand directly