Announcement reposted from Amazon Germany:
As of July 1, 2023, all listings that do not meet Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) requirements for waste from electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) in Germany have been deactivated. If you want to reinstate them on Amazon.de, follow these tips:
- If you are a producer with a branch in Germany, you have to register with stiftung ear for every brand and type of equipment combination you are selling. In addition, you have to set up a collection system for your WEEE and, if applicable, ensure that you are compliant with take-back requirements.
- If you are a producer without a branch in Germany, you have to appoint an authorized representative from stiftung ear’s list of admitted authorized representatives (available in German and English only).
- If you are a producer and not yet compliant, you can sign up for one of our solutions: EPR Services on Amazon or EPR Service provider network.
- If you are not a producer, you have to ask your upstream supplier for the WEEE-Reg.-Nrs. for all the brand and type of equipment combinations you are selling.
Prove your compliance to Amazon
Register your brands (go to EPR requirements: WEEE in Germany for more information) and submit your WEEE-Reg.-Nrs. for all your brand and type of equipment combinations on the Seller Central Compliance Portal. It’s important that you only do this after the registration numbers become visible on the stiftung ear portal.
- If you are not a producer, you must check the box stating that you are not a producer when submitting the relevant WEEE-Reg.-Nrs. on the Compliance Portal.
Reactivate your listings
- Once you have completed the above steps, you should be able to reactivate your EEE listings (go to Reinstating inactive listings: individual and bulk completion for more information).
What if I cannot prove my compliance?
- If you cannot prove your compliance, your listings will remain deactivated on Amazon.de. Any inventory you have in our fulfillment centers will become stranded. In this case, you might want to remove the corresponding listings using the Manage Inventory dashboard.
If you believe that your products are not subject to these regulations and you do not need to prove your compliance, contact Selling Partner Support.