Obtaining ability to edit brand listings

Hi all,

I have a question about listing a wholesale product.

Let’s say I’ve found a brand with which I have negotiated to improve the existing Amazon listing for their product in exchange for them selling it to me wholesale and allowing me to list it.

I’ve seen many videos where people are talking about updating the bullets, pictures, A+ content, etc. of a wholesale listing, but what is the mechanics of that?

Do you just create a new listing with the same UPC or do you piggy back on the current listing and somehow create a cloned version with your improvements? Do you need permission from Amazon to do that?

I’ve only sold private label so far and I’m unfamiliar with this process.

Thank you in advance

Hi @preston89

I’ve seen many videos where people are talking about updating the bullets, pictures, A+ content, etc. of a wholesale listing, but what is the mechanics of that?

Updating Catalog pages comes down to ownership and/or Detail Page Control.In this case, you would have to request a product detail page change. You will need to provide proof supporting that the changes are valid.

Suggest changes to your product detail page

Do you just create a new listing with the same UPC or do you piggy back on the current listing and somehow create a cloned version with your improvements? Do you need permission from Amazon to do that?

That depends. If you are changing the catalog page to improve the listing, you would follow the steps to request a page change. If the product is materially changed, you would be required to create a new ASIN.

Policies for adding detail pages