Curious to get thoughts here…

Nope, I’m not familiar with using python code. Sounds like I need to be!

There is definitely a whole lot of scraping going on with amazons websites. I’m pretty sure they get paid for it too. I use a repricer called aura(no I do not drop under the buybox, only match until my min price is reached) and they scrape. I had a meeting with the creator a while back and he told me a little more about how Amazon had changed the rules on scraping. They were even more limited in scraping but they could be approved for more. I’m pretty sure Amazon found a way to monetize something they were having a hard time stopping.

All I know is I’ve used the tools for a good while and they seem to work for me. I can easily see ranks and average selling prices, and if I have any in stock or have sold any. Plus how many sellers and variations and all that. All in one spot that I can use easily on the go with my mobile. With RA, all of that is worth the $30 a month for me.

2 Likes

Yes, you do.

Python is great when working with networking and some other types of projects. Once you get proficient with Python look into using Django for your user interface.

Your software will be much better and more accurate because you already know what you need and what does and does not work for you. It is very hard to find a developer that can actually understand what the client needs and turn that into finished code.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice! Sounds time consuming, but necessary if you want to better yourself. Will definitely have to allow time in the schedule for learning.

4 Likes

I hear what you’re saying, and honestly, it’s better than having nothing at all. Business is getting tougher these days, so, in my book, the more tools you use, the better.

2 Likes

As some have said they are doing 7 digits with “brand x” software. That data is slightly better than a guess, so can you imagine how much money you would make if you had something that is more realistic than what is currently provided.

Secondly, how does any one know the data being consumed by the 3p seller is not being salted. Considering all the BS some of these companies pull and the level of obfuscation of the facts, that makes me inherently suspicious.

2 Likes