Brand approval. I got this message. What can I do?

Note our brand name is actually printed on the product. Im confused!

“In the provided images, we do not see sufficient proof that the branding on the product and packaging distinguishes the product from other similar products that are not branded.

In future if you would like to request another review, we require new images which show branding that distinguishes the product from similar products that do not belong to that brand. For example, brand name printed directly onto the packaging, or the product itself.

You can still list the ASIN you were trying to create with the brand name ‘Generic’ or a brand name already approved for use in accordance with the Amazon Brand Name Policy.”

It might be because the images you provided didn’t clearly show how your branding distinguishes your product from similar unbranded ones. You can request another review with new images that clearly showcase your brand name on the packaging or the product itself. If you’re still having trouble, you can list your product with the brand name ‘Generic’ or a brand name that’s already approved by Amazon.

2 Likes

I’ll try again. My brand name is actually printed on the box so this is disheartening but I’m going to resubmit. Thanks!

They specifically mention that they need to see branding that “distinguishes the product from similar products that do not belong to that brand.” This could mean that your branding is too generic or that it doesn’t clearly identify your product as belonging to your brand.

1 Like

Ensure your brand name is prominently printed on both the product and packaging for clear distinction from similar items. Resubmit new images reflecting this branding, or list the product with the brand name ‘Generic’ or an already approved name per Amazon’s Brand Name Policy.