Amazon have transferred me more that my statement says they should have! Twice!

Hi,
Been selling on amazon for about a month, all my disbursement payments have been into the company bank account exactly when Amazon said they would…but for totally different amounts. Eg statement says £109, they have paid me £125, statement says £494, they’ve paid me £573.
All the statements are showing as open and I can’t download reports against them ( oldest statement end date was 5th of March) I’ve opened a case but all that happens is I get an email every few days saying they are looking into it. In the meantime month end is looming, I can’t account for this money and my accounts department are losing patience with me.
Anyone got any suggestions for a resolution, or even how I can run a report which would enable me to reconcile the amount that I have been paid?
Thank you!

It could be due to any last mine refunds or sales

Hello,

It sounds like you’re experiencing discrepancies between the disbursement amounts shown in your Amazon seller statements and the actual amounts deposited into your bank account. I understand that this situation can be frustrating, especially when it comes to managing your finances and keeping your accounts in order. While I can’t provide a definitive resolution, I can offer some suggestions to help you investigate and reconcile these payment discrepancies:

1. Check for Fee Deductions: Make sure to review your Amazon Seller Central account for any fees or charges that might be deducted from your disbursement amounts. Amazon deducts various fees, such as referral fees, fulfillment fees, and subscription fees, which can impact the final payment you receive. Ensure that you’re accounting for all applicable fees when reconciling your payment amounts.
  2. Verify Currency Conversion: If you’re selling on international marketplaces, it’s important to consider currency conversions. Amazon may convert your sales from different marketplaces into your local currency for disbursement. Keep in mind that currency exchange rates can fluctuate and might result in slight differences between the displayed amounts and the deposited funds.
  3. Consult Amazon Seller Support: Since you’ve already opened a case with Amazon, it’s essential to continue following up with them. Although it may take some time for a resolution, persistently reaching out to Seller Support can help expedite the investigation process. Respond to their emails, provide any requested information or documentation, and emphasize the urgency of the matter due to your upcoming month-end accounting.
  4. Request Transaction Reports: You mentioned that you’re unable to download reports against the open statements. I recommend contacting Amazon Seller Support and specifically requesting transaction reports for the affected periods. These reports can provide more detailed information on the individual transactions and disbursement amounts, which can aid in reconciling your payments.
  5. Engage Your Accounts Department: Keep your accounts department informed about the ongoing situation and the steps you’re taking to resolve it. Communicate the potential discrepancies and the efforts you’re making to reconcile the payments accurately. By involving them in the process and providing updates, you can help manage their expectations and demonstrate your commitment to resolving the issue.

Remember, the information provided here is general guidance, and it’s always advisable to consult with a financial professional or accountant who can offer specific advice tailored to your situation.

I hope these suggestions help you move closer to a resolution. Best of luck, and I hope you can successfully reconcile your payments soon.