Amazon Fees Payment

Hi Guy,

I have noticed that the amazon fees is reaally hight and I dont know if this is normal. I have beeb charged for a prodyct that sale price is £21.67 - amazon fees @ 10.02. Could you please help me to understand this so It could be a mistake?
Thank you

The fees charged by Amazon can vary depending on the category, type of seller account, and other factors. However, it’s not uncommon for Amazon to charge fees that may seem significant compared to the sale price of a product. To understand the fees better, let’s break down some of the potential components:

1. Referral Fee: Amazon charges a referral fee for each item sold on its platform. This fee is a percentage of the item’s sale price and varies by category. The referral fee is how Amazon makes money from facilitating the sale. The specific percentage can be found in Amazon’s fee schedule for sellers.
  2. Variable Closing Fee: In some categories, Amazon may charge an additional closing fee. This fee is usually a fixed amount per item sold and is in addition to the referral fee. The variable closing fee varies by category and is designed to cover the cost of closing a sale.
  3. Fulfillment Fees (if applicable): If you are using Amazon’s fulfillment services, such as Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), there will be additional fees for warehousing, picking, packing, and shipping your products. These fees vary depending on the size, weight, and category of the items.
  4. Subscription Fees (for Professional Seller Accounts): If you have a Professional Seller Account on Amazon, there is a monthly subscription fee. This fee grants you access to additional selling features and benefits, such as the ability to sell in multiple categories.

It’s important to review the fee structure provided by Amazon and make sure you understand how the fees are calculated for your specific category and selling method. You can access this information in your seller account or by contacting Amazon Seller Support for further clarification.

If you believe there is an error in the fees charged, I recommend reaching out to Amazon Seller Support directly. They can review your specific case and provide an explanation or address any concerns you may have.

Remember, understanding the fees associated with selling on Amazon is crucial for accurate financial planning and determining your profitability.